CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today was another really nice day. The monkeys played out in the yard for several hours. I worked on my flower bed, raked leaves and did some other things in the yard that just have not been done in the last few years. Around 2:00 we came inside and I got the monkeys some lunch. I started washing clothes and was planning to clean up their rooms.
About 3:30 or 4:00 I went to the bathroom and like normal something happened. I normally rush out to see what is going on, but no, not today. I waited to see if the screaming would stop. Nope, it didn't. I got in there and Andy is still screaming, and I mean screaming. This is not the normal Andy. I asked him what happened. "Levi jumped on me." OK Where did Levi jump on you? The only answer I got was him looking down at his arm, which was hanging limp at his side. OK This is not good. He wanted to lay down on the couch. So I put him on the couch, then he wanted his cover. Got it, then I noticed he was sweating. Not a lot but he was. So I made a phone call, How do you know if they have a broke arm? He could move his fingers and his arm, some. When I got back in the living room after making this call and he was still on the couch just like I left him, it was time to go to the doctor. We had to find pops or I was going to have to take everybody with me. Well granny found pops and I changed clothes. Once again, no bath, no make up but I did have on clean clothes and brush my teeth. Off we go to the doctor. I called them on the way. They don't do cast. Go to the ER. OK. We get to the ER and granny is there waiting on us. After she sees Andy she agrees with me that something is wrong.They do x-rays and we wait. The doctor comes in and tells us that he can't tell if there is a fracture(to much swelling), his elbow, but he thinks that there is and he is going to treat it that way. So he got a splint, not sure what it is really called. We have to go to a orthopedic doctor in 2 to 3 days. They gave him some Motrin and in about 15 mins. he was fine. So I am stocked on Motrin & Tylenol. I want to keep that good mood. The whole time after it happened until the Motrin kicked in he was saying "ouchie, ouchie, ouchie". He would also tell me that it hurt to make it go away.


When we were walking out of the ER he looked at me and says "Get this thing off my arm!" It took talking to him about half the way home but he is leaving it alone now. So Andy has now been to the ER 2 time in less than a month. I am just hoping that tomorrow is a quieter, calmer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment