CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I wonder how some doctors sleep at night. Andy fractured his arm. We have been to the doctor 3 times with it. We have seem the doctor a total of maybe 15 minutes for all 3 visits. After insurance we now owe $759. That is after the $60 per visit co-pay. That comes to $939, balance due $759 + $180 for co-pays. And we have one more visit, another $60. We will go, because I have to know that Andy's arm is OK and that he will not have problems with it later on. But I just wonder how this doctor sleeps at night. This makes me like him even less than I did to start with. I was told by the office staff that they code this this way for the insurance and that we would come out to the good this way.. what???? We are coming out better this way verses charging for any office visit each time??? I am already paying a $60 co-pay each time. That is all I would have to pay if they charged for an office visit each time , on my calculator that adds up to $240. That is a lot less than $939 so how are we coming out to the good doing it this way??? I don't think doctor's offices are used to having anyone question them. When you ask questions no one can answer your questions. And on top of that they act like you are not supposed to question them. Why not... they are not any better than anyone else. Although they seem to think they are. I even called the insurance company and they told me that everything they do is based on the codes the doctors office sends them and it is up to the office to change anything. So that was a dead end. So now we have to pay this, with money that we don't have. I guess the we will just send them some each month. I sure hope that nothing else happens anytime soon. I am also going to see if I can find another doctors office to go to if anyone else has to have a cast!
OK - my vent is finished now. It is just one of those things that we will have to deal with. Life goes on! Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment