CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 5, 2009

I would say Levi is pretty much back to normal! He has been either eating or talking all day and I mean ALL day! Before I got breakfast cooked this morning he had to have a "butter & jelly " sandwich. Then he ate breakfast. Then he wanted cereal, then crackers, then brownies, then ... Well you get the idea. I was trying to cook supper tonight and he was talking so much I could not even think. I picked up the phone and dialed granny's number and handed him the phone. He talked to her for 10 or 15 minutes, non stop! I am so glad he is feeling better, but he did not have to catch up on his talking all at one time!

Abbie is feeling better. She is still not back to normal, but getting there. She is still having really bad diapers but she has not "poured out". She ate more today than she has in several days. So I am hoping that a couple more days and she will be over it.

Andy is still my sick baby right now. He "poured out" (threw up) last night about mid-night. The monkeys call it pouring out when they throw up. He is still having really bad diapers. This morning he wanted some milk. Would not take no for an answer. So I gave him just a little. This was not a good thing. About 20 minutes later it came back up. After that he drank water and ate a couple of crackers. Maybe tomorrow the throwing up will be over with and then in another 2 or 3 days he will be back to normal.

I have never really gave them anything but milk & water to drink. This is good in some ways but bad in others. They will NOT drink Pedialyte. I think it was Levi that threw the cup at me when he first got sick and I gave him some. Nellie brought a Sprite up here for them. Nope, they will not drink it. So we are back to water & milk. Most folks don't want milk when they are sick. But I do, my mother does. Levi & Abbie did. We all do fine drinking milk when we are sick. But as I have found out not Andy. I guess he took after his daddy on that one. But no one has gotten dehydrated so I guess we are doing OK.

I told Mike I sure would be glad when things got back to normal around here and he laughed at me. I told him that I meant normal for us. Normal for us it not normal for most folks. But I am missing it. My babies have never really been sick until now. I deal with it and do what has to be done but I really don't handle it very well on the inside. I am so thankful that they are healthy, for the most part.

Mikes mom called this afternoon and told us she had heard that Tommy Ledbetter had been in a bad wreck. He went to school with Mike and they are close now. Tommy does not live close by, but him & Mike have a 2 to 3 hour phone call a couple of times a month. Mike got on the phone to see if he could find out anything. No one he called knew. So I called UAB. He is in ICU with broke ribs, broke shoulder, bruised lungs & brain injuries. (I think that is right) This is so hard to deal with for Mike & me. Tommy is a really good guy. He is a Methodist pastor. He would do anything that he could to help anyone. It is just so hard to believe. Please remember Tommy & his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment